Role: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: Minimum 40 hr contract
To oversee, plan, help develop and instruct daily activities and to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all customers/visitors and staff at the Jungle.
Our vision is expansive therefore we require someone with huge levels of enthusiasm, drive and motivation to achieve growth and raise brand awareness.
The successful candidate will be highly-organised with the ability to deliver exceptional results in a fast-paced chaotic environment where no two days are ever the same.
You will have an excellent eye for detail and the communication skills necessary to engage effectively with a diverse range of people, clients and customers.
A pro-active approach is essential, as well as skills of time management and organisation. A flexible approach is essential as you will be required to work as part of a team and alone.
Responsible to: Senior Management
Responsible for: Customers/Visitors and Employees
Key areas of responsibility:
- Plan and organise daily activities assigning and training junior instructors
- Directly interact with customers, instructing and assisting with assigned activity ensuring the customer’s safety and enjoyment is prioritised at all times.
- Provide a high level of customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all decisions are made with the needs of the customer in mind.
- Help maintain, fix and monitor all activity equipment ensuring all is in good working condition.
- Strictly adhere to the Jungle’s staff handbook for all activity procedures and health and safety rules and standards.
- Ensure the correct handing of all cash in the till during your shift, following set procedures and ensuring that the correct amounts are charged and collected from customers.
- Ensure accurate completion of end of day activity logs or accident reports if necessary.
- Maintain high standards cleanliness of all equipment, vehicles, toilets and reception areas. This will include picking up rubbish and washing up equipment at the end of the shift.
- Responsible for maintaining the high standards in our Residential Centre, ensuring it is clean and presentable at all times.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an outdoor instructor roll
- Experience in planning, developing and delivering outdoor activities.
- Must have Access NI
- Up to date CRB check
- Outdoor adventure related First Aid Qualification
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience in planning, organising and delivering focused team building events
- Experience with ropes (Climbing, High Ropes, Abseiling)
- Experience working with children / young people and disabled (children/adults)
- Need to be confident and outgoing with an enthusiastic approach to helping customers of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to work as a reliable member of the team and motivate and lead junior instructors
- Be highly motivated and able to use initiative and have a creative mind set.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicants must be over 16 years old.
- Experience training junior members of staff
- Good DIY skills
- Mountain leader award
- Mountain Bike leader award
- Experience assisting and running events
- PPE Inspection Qualification
- GNAS Qualification
- Firearms Experience
- Paintball Experience
- Experience working with animals
- Coasteering/water sports experience
- Strong attention to detail and confident verbal and written communication in English.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills – you will be working with a diverse team with whom you are required to establish effective working relations and pursue broader company objectives.
- Must be flexible with the ability to calmly manage conflicting demands and deliver excellent results in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident, friendly and outgoing personality with an enthusiastic approach to all tasks or problems.
- Strives for excellence.
- Resourceful with ability to use own initiative.
- Good level of numeracy.
- High degree of self-motivation and ambition.
Must be able to work weekends and unsociable hours being flexible and available for work when necessary.
ABOUT THE JUNGLE
The Jungle is an innovative outdoor adventure centre and offers employees the opportunity to develop an exciting career in the highly competitive Tourism and Corporate Entertainment sector. All employees enjoy a competitive rate of pay, positive work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Scope to further develop your creative talents and assistance to reach your full potential.
- Subsidized social events/outings for all staff.
- Uniform allowance.
- Beautiful location.
- Work with a fun, friendly team where no two days are ever the same.
- Training opportunities.
- Wednesday Fitness classes for all employees.
- Health Insurance (Private)
At The Jungle we pride ourselves in being innovative and constantly inventing new and quirky ideas for activities and events. All our employees are multi skilled and talented and can adapt to various areas with the business. No day is ever the same.
£20k to £24k depending on experience, capabilities and qualifications.
With this position, there is the possibility of your own private flat joined onto our Residential Centre, less than 2 miles away from The Jungle.
Please email your covering letter addressing all the points in our essential and desirable and why you would like to work at the Jungle. Please attach and email your CV to email@example.com for consideration.
Closing Date – 29th February 2020