Residential Packages At The Jungle NI
We have recently revamped our residential packages to include a brand new range of educational activities to sit alongside our award winning recreational activities. The Jungle’s Manor House Accommodation Centre, is a beautiful listed building, located in the heart of Moneymore, just 2 minutes from The Jungle Working with the Moneymore Heritage Trust, The Jungle have transformed the building into a fun and funky hostel which offers both private bedrooms or dormitories, cosy hangout rooms and contemporary self-catering facilities at a highly competitive rate.
The Manor House can accommodate up to 75* people making it perfect for any group or organisation.
Educational trips can include:
- Visit the Standford 2014 award winning Ranfulry House in Dungannon, The Hill of The O’Neill and Ranfurly House Arts & Visitor Centre is on the site of the ancient capital of Ulster, the location where the O’Neills ruled as Gaelic chieftains from 1305. Guided tours of the Exhibition and the Hill of The O’Neil are available – KS1 to KS4 and Post-16. There are also Literacy Trail – KS2 (P6/7) & KS3 (Y8) and Numeracy Trail – KS2 (P6/7) & KS3 (Y8).
- Immerse yourself in the land that inspired the Nobel Prize in Literature prize winner Seamus Heaney, take part in a fully guided tour with an experienced guide ‘In The Footsteps Of Seamus Heaney’ cumulating with a visit to the new immersive Seamus Heaney HomePlace Centre.
- Onsite we have launched a Forest School, we feel the outdoor environment is an amazing classroom, children learn best when challenged and interested; their self-esteem grows and they interact better with others. At the Jungle Forest School our highly trained and skilled Forest School Leaders will work with children to allow them to explore the outdoors with appropriate support; giving children the time and space to develop a deep connection with nature.
- The Ballinderry River and its tributaries are an excellent place to learn about our precious freshwater environment. We can arrange a wide range of education options to suit you and your student’s needs; these include visiting the River School and Conservation Breeding Centre just outside Cookstown, using the river as an outdoor classroom in the delivery National Curriculum targets for Key Stages 1 to 3.
- Day trips can also be arranged to the local National Trust sites of Springhill House, Wellbrook Beetling Mill and The Argory. We are situated 1 hour away from the Giants Causeway or Titanic Belfast and day trips can be arranged at request.