Junior Outdoor Activity Instructor
Hours: Varied… as required by the business see further description
To oversee, plan, help develop and instruct daily activities and to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all customers/visitors and staff at the Jungle.
Our vision is expansive therefore we require someone with huge levels of enthusiasm, drive and motivation to achieve growth and raise brand awareness.
The successful candidate will be highly-organised with the ability to deliver exceptional results in a fast-paced environment where no two days are ever the same.
You will have an excellent eye for detail and the communication skills necessary to engage effectively with a diverse range of people, clients and customers.
Responsible to: Senior Management
Responsible for: Customers/Visitors
Key areas of responsibility:
- Directly engage with customers, remaining friendly and approachable at all times.
- Deliver comprehensive safety briefs and instructions prior to the customer’s participation in each onsite/offsite activity and assisting their participation when necessary.
- Attend all activity training sessions.
- Strictly adhere to staff handbook for all activity procedures, health and safety rules and standards.
- Check weather conditions before starting sessions, assessing hazards and managing risks.
- Ensure all decisions are made with the needs of the customer in mind to consistently provide a high level of customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that any customer feedback (complaints or compliments), stemming from your shift, is referred to a senior staff member immediately.
- Ensure the correct handing of cash during your shift, following set procedures and ensuring that the correct amounts are collected from customers.
- Accurately complete all end-of-day activity logs or accident reports when necessary.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness for all equipment, vehicles, toilets and reception areas. This will include picking up rubbish and washing equipment at the end of the shift.
- Ensure you are well presented at all times and take care of your Jungle uniform.
- 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, grade C or above.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to present complex information to a diverse audience.
- Patience to deal with challenging behaviour, to inspire confidence and give encouragement when necessary.
- Must be flexible with the ability to remain calm and deliver high results in a fast paced environment.
- Confident, friendly and outgoing personality.
- Enthusiasm for outdoor activities/adventure.
- Resourceful and proactive approach with ability to use own initiative.
- Strong team-player.
- Availability to work weekends, weekdays and late evenings when required.
- Applicants must be over 16 years old.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role.
- A third-level qualification, or the equivalent, in Sports, Leisure, Hospitality or Events Management.
- First-Aid training.
- GNAS qualification.
- Mountain Bike Leader Award.
- During low-season (January – March) expect to work weekends only; during high-season (April – October) willing candidates can also expect mid-week hours and occasional evening work as well as weekends.
- Career progression via training (in-house) and dedicated review with Senior Management.
Must be able to work weekends and late evenings, being flexible and available for work when required.
ABOUT THE JUNGLE
The Jungle is an innovative outdoor adventure centre and offers employees the opportunity to develop an exciting career in the highly competitive Tourism and corporate entertainment sector. All employees enjoy a competitive rate of pay, positive work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Scope to further develop your creative talents and assistance to reach your full potential.
- Subsidized social events/outings for all staff.
- Uniform allowance.
- Beautiful location.
- Work with a fun and friendly team where no two days are ever the same.
- Training opportunities
- Weekly Fitness classes for all employees
At The Jungle we pride ourselves in being innovative and are constantly inventing new and quirky ideas for activities and events. All our employees are multi skilled and talented and can adapt to various areas within the business. No two days are ever the same.
Please download application form, complete and return to email@example.com addressing all the points in our essential and desirable criteria and explaining why you would like to work at the Jungle.
Closing Date Friday 31st March 2017 at 5pm