Responsible for Cleaning duties around The Jungle site. The Cleaner will be highly-organised with the ability to deliver an exceptional service whether as part of a team or independently.
Self-motivated, with an excellent eye for detail, the candidate will have the communication skills necessary to engage effectively with a diverse range of people, including suppliers, clients and customers.
Responsible to: Office Management.
Responsible for: Cleaning duties throughout the different areas of The Jungle, including Glamping pods, Toilets, Reception, Office and any other areas where cleaning may be required, while adhering to Health and Safety legislation. Proactively engage with customers to deliver the highest level of customer service.
Main tasks of the job: The following tasks will form the bulk of your work:
- Cleaning and maintaining high standards of cleanliness across all Jungle facilities.
- Cleaning of Glamping Pods, Manor House Residential Centre, Toilets, Big Barn conference facility, Office and any other facilities requiring cleaning.
- Ordering and keeping up to date with bedding and towels for our Residential Centre, the Manor House in Moneymore.
- Continually monitor and assess the work environment in accordance to Health & Safety guidelines.
- To proactively repair defective equipment, cleaning equipment, floor surfaces, loss or damage etc. and ensure the adequate provision of the resources necessary to enable staff to do their jobs.
- Maintain stock levels and order supplies as required.
- To ensure correct disposal of waste in accordance with procedures, supervisor’s direction and ensure separation for recycling processes.
- Ensure that displays, fixtures, fittings, catering equipment, crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils, tables, chairs and floor surfaces are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness, by cleaning manually and/or using dish washing equipment in accordance with hygiene practices and procedures.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To ensure a high standard of personnel hygiene, maintaining a high standard in appearance and uniform.
- To provide consistently high standards of customer service at all times when welcoming and serving customers.
- To carry out any reasonable duties as requested.
Please note: This is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to perform different tasks, to the best of your ability, as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and The Jungle’s overall business objectives.
Hours of Work: Flexible hours mid-week but must be available to work weekends and evenings. Mainly Saturday and Sunday work.
- At least one years’ experience of cleaning or a good understanding of cleaning practices and ability to demonstrate a keen eye for detail.
- Strong expertise of Health and Safety practices.
- Strong expertise of safe manual handling practices.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Must be flexible with the ability to deliver excellent results in a fast paced environment.
- Confident, friendly and outgoing personality.
- Resourceful and proactive approach with ability to use own initiative.
- Strong team-player.
ABOUT THE JUNGLE
The Jungle is an innovative outdoor adventure centre and offers employees the opportunity to develop an exciting career in the highly competitive Tourist sector. All employees enjoy a competitive rate of pay, positive work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Comprehensive on-the-job training.
- Activity/Event allowance after six months service.
- Subsidised social events/outings for all staff.
- Uniform allowance.
- Beautiful location.
- Work with a fun and friendly team where no two days are ever the same.
To apply send in a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or drop it into us at 60 Desertmartin Road, Moneymore, BT45 7RB.