Responsible for assisting and delivering the catering needs of visitors to The Jungle, The Catering Assistant will be highly-organised with the ability to deliver an exceptional service whether as part of a team or independently.
Self-motivated, with an excellent eye for detail, the candidate will have the communication skills necessary to engage effectively with a diverse range of people, including suppliers, clients and customers.
This dynamic role will see the Catering Assistant working across a variety of areas with responsibility for the Café, BBQ and Beverages and at the various Jungle Events. A pro-active approach is essential, as well as skills of budget control, stock management, food handling, food preparation, customer service, in addition to general maintenance and organisational skills.
Responsible to: Office Management.
Responsible for: Preparing and serving food in a safe and effective way, within the guidelines set by Food Hygiene regulations. Proactively engage with customers to deliver the highest level of customer service.
Main tasks of the job: The following tasks will form the bulk of your work:
- Assist in managing the food and beverage provision for all onsite Jungle activities/events.
- Check online bookings and make the provisions necessary to deliver customers’ needs to the highest standard.
- To assist in the supervision of Catering Staff, organising, leading and motivating the team when necessary.
- Continually monitor and assess the work environment in accordance to Health & Safety guidelines.
- To proactively repair defective equipment, utensils, floor surfaces, loss or damage etc. and ensure the adequate provision of the resources necessary to enable staff to do their jobs.
- Maintain stock levels and order supplies as required.
CATERING / FOOD PREPARATION
- Food preparation using correct equipment in the correct preparation areas in accordance with food hygiene regulations, practises and procedures. In particular following the Safe Catering “Effective Hand washing Technique”.
- To ensure food is appropriately stored in accordance with food hygiene regulations, practises and procedures and keep accurate records of all food handling.
- To ensure correct disposal of waste in accordance with procedures, supervisor’s direction and ensure separation for recycling processes.
- Ensure that displays, fixtures, fittings, catering equipment, crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils, tables, chairs and floor surfaces are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness, by cleaning manually and/or using dish washing equipment in accordance with hygiene practices and procedures.
- To operate the coffee machine and ensure beverages are made according to best practise.
- To ensure food products are correctly and attractively displayed, with knowledge of the food suitable for customers with allergies e.g. nut or diary allergies.
- To ensure Food Hygiene, Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To ensure a high standard of personnel hygiene, maintaining a high standard in appearance and uniform.
- To provide consistently high standards of customer service at all times when welcoming and serving customers.
- To accurately process cash transactions and maintain precise financial records of sales.
- To assist in the delivery of hospitality across all the catered events at The Jungle including assisting with preparation, set up, serving and clear up.
- To carry out any reasonable duties as requested.
Please note: This is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to perform different tasks, to the best of your ability, as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and The Jungle’s overall business objectives.
Hours of Work: Flexible hours mid-week but must be available to work weekends and evenings. Mostly weekend work and peak event times, Easter, Halloween, Christmas if required.
- 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, grade C or above.
- At least one years’ experience of food preparation in a catering environment.
- Strong expertise of food hygiene practices.
- Strong expertise of safe manual handling practices.
- Food Hygiene certifications.
- At least one years’ experience of operating a till and cash handling/working in a customer facing role.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Must be flexible with the ability to deliver excellent results in a fast paced environment.
- Confident, friendly and outgoing personality.
- Resourceful and proactive approach with ability to use own initiative.
- Strong team-player.
ABOUT THE JUNGLE
The Jungle is an innovative outdoor adventure centre and offers employees the opportunity to develop an exciting career in the highly competitive Tourist sector. All employees enjoy a competitive rate of pay, positive work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Comprehensive on-the-job training.
- Scope to further develop your creative talents and assistance to reach your full potential.
- Activity/Event allowance after six months service.
- Subsidised social events/outings for all staff.
- Uniform allowance.
- Beautiful location.
- Work with a fun and friendly team where no two days are ever the same.
To apply send in a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or drop it into us at 60 Desertmartin Road, Moneymore, BT45 7RB.