Role: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: Minimum 40 hr contract
To oversee, plan, develop and instruct daily activities. Ensure the safety and enjoyment of all customers/visitors and staff at the Jungle.
Our vision is expansive therefore we require someone with huge levels of enthusiasm, drive and motivation to achieve growth and raise brand awareness.
The successful candidate will be highly-organised with the ability to deliver exceptional results in a fast-paced chaotic environment where no two days are ever the same.
You will have an excellent eye for detail and the communication skills necessary to engage effectively with a diverse range of people, clients and customers.
A pro-active approach is essential, as well as skills of time management and organisation. A flexible approach is essential as you will be required to work as part of a team and alone.
Responsible to: Senior Management
Responsible for: Customers/Visitors and Employees
Key areas of responsibility:
- Plan and organise daily activities assigning and training junior instructors
- Directly interact with customers, instructing and assisting with assigned activity ensuring the customer’s safety and enjoyment is prioritised at all times.
- Provide a high level of customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all decisions are made with the needs of the customer in mind.
- Assist with maintaining, fixing and monitoring all activity equipment ensuring good working condition
- Strictly adhere to the Jungle’s staff handbook for all activity procedures and health and safety rules and standards.
- Ensure the correct handing of all cash in the till during your shift, following set procedures and ensuring that the correct amounts are charged and collected from customers.
- Ensure accurate completion of end of day activity logs or accident reports if necessary.
- Assist maintaining high standards cleanliness of all equipment, vehicles, toilets and reception areas. This will include picking up rubbish and washing up equipment at the end of the shift.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an outdoor instructor role
- Experience in planning, developing and delivering outdoor activities.
- Up to date CRB check
- Outdoor adventure related First Aid Qualification
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience in planning, organising and delivering focused team building events
- Experience with ropes (Climbing, High Ropes, Abseiling)
- Experience working with children / young people and disabled (children/adults)
- Confident and outgoing with an enthusiastic approach to helping customers of all ages and backgrounds.
- Be highly motivated and able to use initiative and have a creative mind set.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Experience training junior members of staff
- Good DIY skills
- Mountain leader award
- Mountain Bike leader award
- Experience assisting and running events
- PPE Inspection Qualification
- GNAS Qualification
- Firearms Experience
- Paintball Experience
- Coasteering/water sports experience
- Strong attention to detail and confident verbal and written communication in English.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills – you will be working with a diverse team with whom you are required to establish effective working relations and pursue broader company objectives.
- Must be flexible with the ability to calmly manage conflicting demands and deliver excellent results in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident, friendly and outgoing personality with an enthusiastic approach to all tasks or problems.
- Strives for excellence.
- Resourceful with ability to use own initiative.
- Good level of numeracy.
- High degree of self-motivation and ambition.
Must be able to work weekends and unsociable hours. Be flexible and available for work when necessary.
ABOUT THE JUNGLE
The Jungle is an innovative outdoor adventure centre and offers employees the opportunity to develop an exciting career in the highly competitive Tourism and corporate entertainment sector. All employees enjoy a competitive rate of pay, positive work environment and excellent benefits including:
- Scope to further develop your creative talents and assistance to reach your full potential.
- Subsidised social events/outings for all staff.
- Uniform allowance.
- Beautiful location.
- Work with a fun, friendly team where no two days are ever the same.
- Training opportunities
- Wednesday Fitness classes for all employees
At The Jungle we pride ourselves in being innovative and constantly inventing new and quirky ideas for activities and events. All our employees are multi skilled and talented and can adapt to various areas with the business. No day is ever the same.
£20k to £24k- depending on experience, capabilities and qualifications.
Please email your covering letter addressing all the points in our essential and desirable and why you would like to work at the Jungle. Please attach and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.